The WC Smith Excellence Awards were given to 14 employees across seven categories, including recognition for community and property management, maintenance, leasing, community and corporate administration.
The company celebrated veteran employees for their longevity: Rex McKay, who has been with the company for 25 years, and Keri Jackson, who has been an employee for 20 years.
We also cited several employees for going above and beyond in helping colleagues and residents manage through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eight WC Smith properties were recognized for their financial performance.
“Since 2002 we have taken time to honor the accomplishments of our property management colleagues. The pandemic once again interfered with our plans to gather in person for the awards program,” said WC Smith President John Ritz. “But the venue matters less than what we are celebrating. As with 2020, it is so important this year that we recognize the effort, caring and energy our property management team has shown in response to COVID.”
Below are the 2021 WC Smith Property Management Award recipients:
WC Smith Excellence Awards
- Community Manager – Janice Baynes & Monique Clare
- Maintenance – Santos Cruz, Jamal Farmer, Miguel Medrano & Dave Montes
- Community Administration – Sarah Glass & Charrise Reid-Steward
- Leasing Consultant – Arlen McCorkle
- Property Manager – Erica Armstrong & Kaitlyn Tumminello
- Corporate Administration – Vivian Holley & Craig Hollin
Most Improved Performance (financial results between 2019 and 2020)
- High Rise – Chatham Courts
- Mid Rise – 3101 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
- Garden (200 or more units) – Skyland Apartments
- Garden (200 units or fewer) – New Horizon
Superior Performance (financial results actual compared to budget)
- High Rise – Clarence House
- Mid Rise – 2801 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
- Gardens (more than 200 units) – Skyland Apartments
- Gardens (200 units or fewer) – New Horizon
To learn more about career opportunities at WC Smith, visit https://wcsmith.com/careers/